December 1 - 10, 2017
Holy Innocents' Episcopal Church
455 Fair Oaks Street, San Francisco
Fugue is a site-specific dance theater work that traverses through the streets and stories of San Francisco’s Mission District. Inspired by a year-long community-based research process into the queer histories of San Francisco streets, Fugue is a foray into cultural amnesia featuring forgotten stories of queers, people of color and long-time SF residents. Follow us on a quest to an extraordinary lost city.
Before purchasing a ticket to Fugue, here are a few IMPORTANT things to consider:
1) There is absolutely NO LATE SEATING. Please plan on arriving 15 minutes before the start of the show.
2) We recommend you buy your tickets in advance. Audience capacity is extremely limited and tickets will sell out quickly.
3) The performance travels through San Francisco's Mission District and takes place both indoors and outdoors. You will be STANDING and WALKING (and yes, sitting) for long periods of time. Fugue will happen RAIN OR SHINE.
4) Please contact us for wheelchair accessibility information at email@example.com
5) NO ONE TURNED AWAY FOR LACK OF FUNDS. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance purchasing a ticket to this performance!
6) The evening begins at Holy Innocents' Episcopal Church (455 Fair Oaks Street, San Francisco). The evening ends at a location near by.
Directors: Eric Garcia + Kat Cole
Playwrights: Brian Thorstenson, Lourdes Figueroa and Baruch Porras-Hernandez
Performers: Arletta Anderson, Liane Burns, Jana Griffin, Maro Guevara, Melissa Lewis, Kevin Lopez, Scott Marlowe, Erin Mei-Ling Stuart, Karla Quintero and Sienna Williams
Assistant Directors: El Beh + Wiley Naman Strasser
Lighting Design: Del Medoff
Sound Design: Teddy Hulsker
Original Music: Brent Arnold
Costume Design: Christine Crook
Costume Co-Design: Connie Su
Set Design: Daniel Garcia
Production Assistant: Jessie Wayburn
detour dance Company Members: El Beh, Liane Burns, Kat Cole, Eric Garcia, Jana Griffin, Melissa Lewis, Scott Marlowe, Angela Mazziotta, Erin Mei-Ling Stuart and Wiley Naman Strasser
Speacial thank you to Caleb Cabrera, Carolina Morales, Jose Abad, James Wilson, Ryan Marchand, Sam Jackson, Megan Lowe, Margaret Jenkins and the MJDC CHIME Award, and the San Francisco Conservatory of Dance.
Photos: Melissa Lewis
Funded by Queer Cultural Center, San Francisco Arts Commission, Horizons Foundation, Dancers' Group Lighting Artists in Dance Award, Zellerbach Family Foundation, Kenneth Rainin Foundation and generous individual donors.
FUGUE COMMUNITY PARTNERS:
GLBT Historical Society, Calle 24 Latino Cultural District Council, Fresh Meat Productions, Mission Arts Performance Project, and Still Here SF.