December 1 - 10, 2017
Holy Innocents' Episcopal Church
455 Fair Oaks Street, San Francisco
Fugue is a site-specific dance theater work that traverses through the streets and stories of San Francisco’s Mission District. Inspired by a year-long community-based research process into the queer histories of San Francisco streets, Fugue is a foray into cultural amnesia featuring forgotten stories of queers, people of color and long-time SF residents. Follow us on a quest to an extraordinary lost city.
Before purchasing a ticket to Fugue, here are a few IMPORTANT things to consider:
1) There is absolutely NO LATE SEATING.
2) We recommend you buy your tickets in advance. Audience capacity is extremely limited and tickets will sell out quickly.
3) The performance travels through San Francisco's Mission District and takes place both indoors and outdoors. You will be STANDING and WALKING (and yes, sitting) for long periods of time. Fugue will happen RAIN OR SHINE.
4) Please contact us for wheelchair accessibility information at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) NO ONE TURNED AWAY FOR LACK OF FUNDS. Please email us at email@example.com if you need assistance purchasing a ticket to this performance!
6) The evening begins at Holy Innocents' Episcopal Church (455 Fair Oaks Street, San Francisco). The evening ends at a location near by.
detour dance Company Members: El Beh, Liane Burns, Kat Cole, Eric Garcia, Jana Griffin, Melissa Lewis, Scott Marlowe, Angela Mazziotta, Erin Mei-Ling Stuart and Wiley Naman Strasser
Directors: Eric Garcia + Kat Cole
Playwrights: Brian Thorstenson, Lourdes Figueroa and Baruch Porras-Hernandez
Performers: Arletta Anderson, Liane Burns, Caleb Cabrera Jana Griffin, Maro Guevara, Melissa Lewis, Kevin Lopez, Scott Marlowe, Angela Mazziotta, Carolina Morales, Erin Mei-Ling Stuart, Karla Quintero and Sienna Williams
Assistant Directors: El Beh + Wiley Naman Strasser
Lighting Design: Del Medoff
Sound Design: Teddy Hulsker
Original Music: Brent Arnold
Costume Consultation: Christine Crook
Set Design: Daniel Garcia
Photos: Melissa Lewis
Funded by Queer Cultural Center, San Francisco Arts Commission, Horizons Foundation, Dancers' Group Lighting Artists in Dance Award, Zellerbach Family Foundation and Kenneth Rainin Foundation.
FUGUE COMMUNITY PARTNERS:
GLBT Historical Society, Fresh Meat Productions, Mission Arts Performance Project, and Still Here SF.